18-Wheeler Accident Attorney Shreveport
Were you, or somebody that you know, recently injured in a semi-truck wreck? 18-Wheeler accident attorney Josh Clayton specialize in legal cases involving big truck wrecks and personal injuries within the Shreveport and Bossier City area. It’s vital to the successful outcome of your court case to have an experienced truck accident lawyer that can best represent your interests against big trucking companies with nearly bottomless legal resources. Now is the best time to consider your options if you or a loved one has recently been involved in a car wreck involving a semi-truck. If you require medical attention for your injuries, please contact a physician immediately.
Hire a Shreveport Truck Accident Lawyer
Our truck accident lawyers in Caddo Parish are ready to represent your case to bring back the compensation you will need to recover from vehicle and personal injury damage claims. It’s difficult to understand the full details of an 18-Wheeler accident without consulting an experienced attorney. Our truck accident lawyers have handled numerous cases like yours and successfully earned our Shreveport and Bossier City clients the compensation that they deserve for their personal injury claims. Dealing with the incident and its aftermath is traumatic enough for our clients; Attorneys Josh Clayton expects only the best outcome in a difficult time after a semi truck wreck.
Primary causes of 18-Wheeler accidents & Semi Truck accidents:
- Careless Operation of Motor Vehicle
- Excessive Speed
- Overweight or Unsafe Vehicle Load
- Driver Impairment (Alcohol, Drugs, Sleep Deprivation, etc)
- Other Vehicles on the Road
- Tire Blowout or Other Vehicle Malfunction
You’re not the only one.
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety:
- Highway collisions involving large trucks killed nearly 5,000 people on average each year in the United States between 1975 and 2015.
- 12% of all automobile accidents on United States highways that result in passenger deaths were attributed to semi-trucks in 2015.
- Most large truck collisions occur during the hours of 6 AM and 6 PM, but the largest percentage of 18-wheeler-involved passenger deaths occur between 3 PM and 3 AM.
One important factor to consider in an automobile accident legal case is the likelihood of alcohol consumption in passenger vehicles or sleep deprivation in the challenging role of the semi-truck driver. While fewer 18-Wheeler collisions that result in personal injury or death are attributed to BAC above 0.08% since 1982, it is more important to consider the likelihood of high BAC in passenger vehicles driving alongside these semi-trucks which may force them to make erratic or sharp turns to avoid another collision. Between 30-40% of all passenger-vehicle related deaths in automotive accidents are attributed to high blood alcohol content when a semi-truck is also involved.
It is imperative that you follow not only the roadway signs and speed limit when traveling on the highway in Shreveport and Bossier City, but you must be vigilant of other drivers and the special needs of the oversized vehicle that may create a difficult situation involving an accident. Our law firm is knowledgeable about the motor vehicle safety laws and regulations and will be utilizing every aspect and source of evidence while handling your claim to assess the liability of involved drivers in your automobile collision to represent your case most professionally. Evaluate the motor vehicle laws in the Caddo Parish jurisdiction to properly understand the rules and regulations when evaluating liability in your personal injury case.
Liability in semi-truck accident legal cases is generally assessed under a standard of negligence, seeking to understand which driver was negligent in the operation of the motor vehicle which caused the accident leading to personal injury. Since liability will be disputed by the 18-Wheeler trucking company, you will require an experienced attorney to handle your case to receive adequate representation.
- Duty of care – the defendant would need to be responsible for operating the vehicle in a way that was protective of your right of way on the road.
- Beach – the instance that the defendant defied duty of care responsibility.
- Causation – connecting the breach of duty of care with cause of accident.
- Damages – assessing real harm due to negligence and appropriate compensation.
If you, or someone that you know, have recently sustained a neck, back, head, shoulder, or other similar personal injury as the direct result of an 18-Wheeler accident in Shreveport, Louisiana, please contact our truck accident lawyer today to get the much-needed help that you deserve. Personal injury is not something you should have to deal with alone in the aftermath of a traumatic semi-truck vehicle collision. Our law firm is available at your convenience. Schedule a consultation by contacting our office today, or we can come to you: 318-219-7867