Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Shreveport
Personal injury attorney Josh Clayton provides legal counsel for a wide range of clients involved in motorcycle accidents in the Shreveport / Bossier City area. There are many possible reasons that you or a loved one may have been involved in a motorcycle accident, or situations that may have caused one, but you will need an experienced attorney to handle your case in a professional manner in Caddo Parish.
Our experienced and effective legal counsel has ten years of experience in Shreveport, LA handling motorcycle accident cases just like yours for other satisfied clients. Don’t settle for less when it comes to your personal injury claim – we know that it’s a very difficult situation to deal with in the aftermath of a motorcycle wreck, and that’s why Josh Clayton will work tirelessly to handle your case and represent you successfully in Caddo Parish or Bossier Parish.
Common Reasons For Motorcycle Accidents In Shreveport
Shreveport, Louisiana’s often neglected stretches of highway and inner city roadways are challenging to traverse in problematic weather conditions, and due to recent construction efforts across the area, even some major roadways are currently dangerous to navigate in some fair weather scenarios.
Motorcyclists are often ignored by other drivers on the road, and if drivers fail to see the motorcyclist with enough time to make a proper adjustment, there is a likelihood of a collision that will result in a very serious injury for the motorcyclist.
The increase in size of sport utility vehicles, trucks, and other automobiles have made it more difficult to see other drivers on roadways where visibility is low and more time is necessary than may be possible to properly screen road lanes for motorcyclists in Shreveport or Bossier City.
What To Do If You Are Involved In A Motorcycle Accident In Shreveport
The first thing you should do if you, or someone that you know, is involved in a motorcycle accident in Louisiana is seek immediate medical attention. There are numerous serious and painful personal injuries that can occur due to the result of an automobile collision with a motorcyclist in Shreveport.
*If you are a witness to a motorcycle accident in Caddo Parish, please contact the local law enforcement to provide proper documentation for a roadway accident report.
You will then need to contact your insurance company and provide them with the documentation of the accident report taken by the police at the scene of the accident. Depending on your insurance company, they will often try to minimize your claim or offer a much lower settlement in order to close the case quickly. Insurance companies are known for using a client’s word against them, or by denying wrongdoing on the part of the other driver in order to force you to accept the lower settlement they are offering.
Fortunately, you do have rights that you may not be aware of. Contact the experienced motorcycle accident attorney Josh Clayton today to schedule a free consultation about your personal injury settlement claim. We will work hard to get you the swift recovery you need and the claim you are entitled to as a loyal paying customer of the insurance company and a victim of an automotive accident out of negligence of another party.
Tips For Motorcycle Highway Safety
1. Follow the S.E.E. system from the Motorcycle Safety Foundation
a. Search for potential hazards
b. Evaluate potential hazards, such as merging traffic, and
c. Execute appropriate maneuvers to avoid hazards.
2. Follow “ATGATT,” which stands for: “all the gear, all the time.” Each time you ride your motorcycle, be sure to wear all of the safety equipment that you can to reduce potential impact and injuries in the event of a collision.
3. Check the weather before you ride. Know what to expect when you are traveling to and from your destination in order to avoid dangerous roadway conditions or take appropriate measures to avoid them.
4. Check your motorcycle every time before you ride. Any faulty or loose equipment could cause a potential distraction or malfunction which may result in an accident.
5. Ride within the law, always obeying speed limits, traffic signals, and all other rules of the road.
6. Ride within your limits. Know what your capabilities are as a motorcyclist and ride within the boundaries that you can create to keep yourself safe among other drivers.
7. Look where you want to go before you make a change in direction or maneuver on the roadway among other vehicles.
8. Look out for debris and other accidents ahead of and around you in order to make appropriate adjustments to avoid a motorcycle collision.
9. Avoid signs of danger on the roadway. It is never a good idea to take a risk while riding your motorcycle if you see other drivers behaving strangely or aggressively. Move away from them and drive defensively in order to avoid potential accidents or other situations which could cause increased danger and possible injury.
10. Avoid confrontations with other drivers. If another driver is behaving aggressively toward you on the highway, try not to engage them at all except to let them pass you and avoid any further road rage which would lead to a dangerous situation for you as a motorcyclist.
Even if you follow all of these safety guidelines when driving your motorcycle in the Shreveport / Bossier City area, there is still a potential for personal injury due to accidents on the roadway. More importantly, even if you don’t follow all of these safety precautions that does not necessarily exempt you from making a personal injury claim with your motorcycle insurance company. You should always contact the experienced motorcycle accident attorney Josh Clayton so that he can sort out the intricacies of your case and evaluate the best course of action to receive your settlement in court.