Were you or somebody you know recently injured in a semi-truck wreck? Attorney Josh Clayton specializes in cases involving big truck wrecks and personal injuries within the Shreveport area. It’s vital to the successful outcome of your case to have an experienced lawyer who can best represent your interests against big trucking companies with nearly bottomless legal resources. Now is the best time to consider your options if you or a loved one has recently been involved in a car wreck involving a semi-truck. If you require medical attention for your injuries, please contact a physician immediately.
We are ready to represent you and bring back the compensation you will need to recover. It’s difficult to understand the full details of an 18-wheeler accident without consulting an experienced attorney. We have handled numerous cases like yours and successfully earned our clients the compensation that they deserve.
Primary causes of 18-wheeler accidents include:
- Careless operation of motor vehicle
- Excessive speed
- Overweight or unsafe vehicle load
- Driver impairment (alcohol, drugs, sleep deprivation, etc.)
- Other vehicles on the road
- Tire blowout or other vehicle malfunction
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety:
- Highway collisions involving large trucks killed nearly 5,000 people on average each year in the United States between 1975 and 2015.
- Twelve percent of all automobile accidents on United States highways that result in passenger deaths were attributed to semi-trucks in 2015.
- Most large truck collisions occur during the hours of 6 a.m. and 6 p.m., but the largest percentage of 18-wheeler-involved passenger deaths occur between 3 p.m. and 3 a.m.
When evaluating a truck accident case, it is important to consider, the likelihood of alcohol consumption or sleep deprivation being involved. For example, drunk drivers in passenger vehicles driving alongside semi-trucks may force them to make erratic or sharp turns to avoid another collision. Between 30 and 40% of all passenger-vehicle related deaths in automotive accidents are attributed to high blood alcohol content when a semi-truck is also involved.
Fortunately, since 1979, the IIHS cites that the rate of 18-wheeler collisions has decreased by over 80% when compared with the number of miles driven per accident. This does not mean that semi-truck accidents are not likely to occur. Heavy traffic conditions and poor weather, combined with a long list of personal and environmental distractions, create the conditions for accidents.
Our law firm is knowledgeable about motor vehicle safety laws and regulations and will be utilizing every source of evidence while handling your claim to assess liability. Liability in semi-truck accident cases is generally assessed under a standard of negligence, seeking to understand which driver was negligent in the operation of the motor vehicle which caused the accident. Since liability will be disputed by the trucking company, you will require an experienced attorney to handle your case.
Hire a Truck Accident Lawyer in Northwestern Louisiana, Bossier City, Caddo Parish, & Bossier Parish
Negligence is usually determined by four primary aspects:
- Duty of care: The defendant would need to be responsible for operating the vehicle in a way that was protective of your right of way on the road
- Breach: The instance that the defendant defied duty of care responsibility
- Causation: Connecting the breach of duty of care with cause of accident
- Damages: Assessing real harm due to negligence and appropriate compensation
If you or someone you know has recently sustained a neck, back, head, shoulder, or other injury as the result of a truck collision, please contact our Shreveport 18-wheeler accident lawyer to get the help you deserve. Personal injury is not something you should have to deal with alone. Our law firm is available at your convenience.
Schedule a consultation by contacting our office at (318) 217-8487.
A Law Firm That FIghts & Wins For Clients
Fierce Representation In Trial For Your Case
We Offer Free Consultations For Your Personal Injury Case
We Fight Hard for Our Clients
Experienced & Dedicated Legal Representation