Distracted driving is one of the leading causes of car accidents in the United States. In fact, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), distracted driving claimed 3,142 lives in 2019 alone. At Josh Clayton Law, we understand the devastating impact that distracted driving accidents can have on victims and their families.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a distracted driving accident, it's important to seek the help of an experienced personal injury attorney. Our team of legal professionals has years of experience handling cases involving distracted driving accidents in Shreveport, and we're committed to fighting for the compensation you deserve.
Call our team today at (318) 217-8487 to schedule your free consultation.
Common Forms of Distracted Driving
Distracted driving occurs when a driver's attention is diverted from the road. There are many types of distracted driving, including:
- Texting or using a cell phone
- Eating or drinking
- Talking to passengers
- Applying makeup or grooming
- Adjusting the radio or GPS
No matter what form of distracted driving caused your accident, our team at Josh Clayton Law can help.
What Can Be Recovered in a Successful Distracted Driving Case?
In a successful distracted driving personal injury claim, various types of damages can be recovered to compensate for the losses incurred.
These may include:
- Medical expenses: This includes all costs related to immediate and future medical treatment, surgeries, rehabilitation, and any required medical devices.
- Lost wages: If the victim misses work due to the accident, they may be entitled to compensation for lost income.
- Loss of earning capacity: If the injuries sustained limit the victim's ability to earn a similar income as they did before the accident.
- Pain and suffering: Compensation for physical pain, mental trauma, and emotional distress suffered as a result of the accident.
- Property damage: Damages for repairs to or the replacement of your vehicle and any other personal property damaged in the accident.
- Loss of consortium: Compensation awarded to the victim's spouse for the loss of companionship or the inability to maintain a sexual relationship after the accident.
- Punitive damages: These damages may be awarded in cases where the distracted driver’s actions were especially negligent or reckless, intended to punish the defendant and deter similar behavior in the future.
In addition to these types of damages, a successful distracted driving personal injury claim may also include compensation for any other out-of-pocket expenses resulting from the accident. This could include transportation costs for medical appointments, home modifications to accommodate disabilities, or even childcare if the victim is unable to care for their children due to their injuries.
Contact Us Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in a distracted driving accident, contact the experienced personal injury attorneys at Josh Clayton Law today.
Call our legal team at (318) 217-8487 to schedule a free initial consultation. Let us help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
A Law Firm That FIghts & Wins For Clients
Fierce Representation In Trial For Your Case
We Offer Free Consultations For Your Personal Injury Case
We Fight Hard for Our Clients
Experienced & Dedicated Legal Representation